How to get Rid of Bed bugs
Bed bug bites
Before we dive into how to get rid of bed buds, here is some background about bed bugs. Bedbugs are crawling insects that majorly feed on human blood especially at night. Bed bug bites. They brown reddish in color and an adult bedbug is usually 4- 7 mm long. The breed at higher rate whereby an adult bedbug lays 300 to 500 eggs in a life span.
Bed bug infestation
Bedbug’s infestation in our premises both commercial and residential is not caused by lack of proper hygiene. It is rather through movement of people. Thereby a person can get bedbugs form one premise to the other through:
- Travelling mixture of luggage items such as bags and furniture
- Use of Public amenities such as Public service vehicles, Gyms, Restaurants, Churches.
- Hotels and lodgings that are frequently used by different individuals
Remedies to get rid of bed bugs
This majorly calls for pest control services to fumigate our premises on a regular basis. Fumigation can be done at alternate periods of 3 – 6 months annually depending on the type of premise or home. For commercial bedbug Fumigation especially Hotels, Gyms, Lodgings, Offices, Supermarkets public service vehicles should be done on a quarterly basis. For residential premises bedbug treatment should be done twice a year that is after every 6 months.
How to Identify Bed bugs and their eggs
We identify presence of bed bug infestation within our premises majorly through bug bites, rashes or blisters spotted in our skin. This is because bed bugs feed on human blood. This can cause allergic symptoms through the bites in our skin. But they do not transmit any infectious disease. Also their eggs are very minute and dust like size. They are very difficult to spot with naked eyes. This also makes it difficult to control and eradicate them on your own hence the need of specialized personnel to offer bedbug treatment professionally.
Natural bed bugs treatment
The best way to get rid of a bed bug infestation is to call an exterminator. They’ve dealt with bed bugs before and know how to do a thorough enough job to keep them from returning. An exterminator is your best bet, just to make sure you take care of the problem completely.
Our bed bug treatment methodology:
- Residual Spraying of bed frames Mattresses, bed linen, Duvets
- Clothing’s in the wardrobes and curtains.
- Crevice and crack in wall areas.
- Seats and Couches and Furniture within the premises.
After which the premises must be locked airtight for a maximum time of three hours for the pesticide to take full effect. Depending on the level of bed bugs infestation, a follow up service must be done seven days after the initial fumigation to ensure total extermination.
How to get rid of bed bugs naturally in your home
However, there are some things you can do at home to supplement a professional.
- Use hot water to wash all clothes, linens and anything fabric that may have contacted the bugs. Heat will kill anything hiding in your linens. Use a dryer to dry everything as well, because a dryer will hit the bugs with a double dose of heat. Just make sure you pay attention to the tags on the fabric, as your linens may be dry clean only. Dry cleaning can also kill bed bugs, but make sure you inform the dry cleaner of the possible infestation.
- Once you’ve given your bedding the heat treatment, follow up by vacuuming all areas of the infested room(s). Vacuuming will remove any bugs from the nooks and crannies in which they may be hiding. Use a brush to loosen all bugs and eggs. Make sure you clean out your vacuum thoroughly afterward and dispose of any vacuum bags outside of the house. Use a steamer on things like your mattress and box spring. Steam will take care of remaining eggs.
- Cover your mattress, box spring, and pillow in a completely closed bug-proof cover. Sealing up your bedding with a cover ensures that anything left will not be able to escape or feed and will eventually starve. Starvation can take up to a year, however.
- Spray them. After cleaning, you can now use a spray, in this case, a pesticide spray for bedbugs. Give special attention to areas where the bedbugs hide. You can use a simple hand-held sprayer from the market or improvise one.Avoid contact with the pesticide and remember to read and follow all instructions and label directions carefully. Dispose cans well and keep unused pesticides away from children’s reach.
Finally, prevention is ongoing. Clean often, checking for signs of a recurrence. The earlier you catch bed bugs, the easier they are to clean out. Inspect all used items that you introduce to the house. When staying in a new place, check that bed for bugs. When returning from a trip, clean everything you took, including your luggage.
Why Choose GM Bed bugs Pest control Services in Nairobi Kenya
GM Fumigation is an experienced bed bug extermination company in Nairobi Kenya. We have had so many bed bug removal cases treated since we started in the business. Bed bugs are special pests that you need to understand before you can get rid of them. What better way to permanently eradicate them from your house than to hire the best company in the business right away!
We are the best bed bug control services company Nairobi has to offer, and we will get rid of bed bugs and other pests with the latest in extermination technology and makes sure that you get the following benefits:
- You can be sure that bed bugs exterminator techniques used are environment-friendly and will never be a menace to your health. You and your family can go back home without the worry about allergies and health problems.
- We are sure to make careful assessments first before they discuss the ideal bed bug treatment for your home. Services are 100% effective plus will also ensure that your home will be pest free for an extended time.
- Do you know that bed bugs are not just domestic problems but can also strike in hotels, dormitories, apartments, shelters and even clean hospitals? There is no telling if you are next in line when it comes to this menace. Pest control companies will also work to prevent this infestation and make your home bed bug free forever – You can count on Bed Bug Exterminator in Nairobi (the experts)
- Pest control services offered by us are the most efficient as well as the most practical. You can give us a call and we will discuss the best rate for our services. We have pest control packages and services that will help keep your home, business or even your vehicle bed bug-free.
- We offer discreet and secure services. We will guarantee that your secret is safe with us. Having bed bugs is not a sign that you have a dirty or yucky home since these pests live and thrive in blood. You are just a victim of a pest that will never give up that easily!
- We aren’t exactly the “cheap” extermination company, but we can provide a 100 percent solution to your problems. A lot of the time you’ll get a bed bug exterminator whose cost which is incredibly cheap, but they don’t do the job right. Don’t get suckered into that, hire us now and get the job done right!
Call us 0721 979781 for your concerns or REQUEST A FREE QUOTE. We guarantee fast and efficient service the minute you give us a call.